Family Days Out
TOP 5 THINGS TO DO WITH THE KIDS IN RUTLAND
- Get on your bike! There are various cycling options around Rutland Water plus Grimsthorpe Castle - have a fantastic cycling route and adventure playground.
- Visit our local attractions approved by kids - Bugtopia Zoo, Rutland Water Nature Reserve, Rocks by Rail.
- FREE FUN - Rutland County Museum, Oakham Castle, Cutts Close Park (skate park)
- Spring & Summer bring more great things at Rutland Water - enjoy a cool cruise on the Rutland Belle or get your adrenaline pumping on the Rutland Aqua Park or relax on the inland beach at Skyes Lane.
- Always check what events or courses are on - especially Rutland Water reserve and Barnsdale Gardens
Bugtopia is a family owned small zoo with an emphasis on interactivity and affordable fun for the entire family. Here at Bugtopia The Zoo it all starts with the idea of bringing an interactive experience to people whilst educating them of the importance of preserving the wonderful biodiversity (the variety of plant and animal life in the world) that exists in our world today ‘Conservation through Education’.
TWIN LAKES PARK - recommend for children under 12
Family friendly zones theme park with roller coaster rides, a water park and falconry displays.
address: Melton Spinney Road, Melton Mowbray, Leicstershire, LE14 4FF
Tel: 01664 56777 ��
Tucked away in the quaint and picturesque village of Wymondham, is Wymondham Windmill. With it's welcoming tea room and lovely collection of shop, it's a splendid place to pop in to with the children. There's a playground, playhouse and large grassy area, a small vehicle track for younger children and a woodland puzzle trail through their 2 acre woodland of Native British Trees.
Butt Lane, Wymondham, LE14 2BU
ANCASTER LEISURE ENTERPRISES
30 mins by car
Wood Lodge, Ancaster, Grantham, Lincolnshire, NG32 3PY
Go-Carting, Paintball, Laser Tag, Airsoft, Nerf Wars, Quad Biking, Pistol Shooting, Archery, Laser tag - and indoor Bowling. There is a canteen so you could have lunch here also.
Tel: 01400 230306
MINI MONSTERS - soft play in Oakham
20 mins away
Units 1 & 2, Long Row Business Park, Long Row, Oakham, LE15 6LN
For those little people mini monsters provides soft play and baby slide etc.
Tel: 01572 756811
RUTLAND FALCONARY & OWL CENTRE
10 mins away
Burley Bushes, Exton Lane, Exton, LE15 7TA
Visit the centre and see the wonderful collection of Birds of Prey - some of the birds are happy to be held.
MELTON MOWBRAY MARKET - Farmers market every Tuesday & Friday
Scalford Road, Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, LE13 1JY - 20 mins away.
Something for everyone, stalls, Fur and feather, local produce and Livestock.
Tel: 01664 562971
30 mins by car
Grantham, Lincolnshire, NG32 2LS (Sat Nav: NG32 2LW)
English Country House with formal gardens, outdoor adventure playground, gift shop and coffee shop.
25 mins by car
Stamford, Lincolnshire, PE9 3JY
Famous for its yearly horse event. This is a popular tourist attraction as its one of the largest and grandest houses of the 1st Elizabethan age.
Popular for its sculptured gardens, and magnificent grounds with its garden of surprise which children can enjoy.